The afternoon of May 18th was a beautiful sunny day, just perfect for a groundbreaking!
Hunzinger is serving as General Contractor for what will be Starbuck K8 International Baccalaureate World School, 1516 Ohio Street in Racine. Racine Unified School District faculty, staff, students, elected officials, community members, and project partners including representatives from CMa CG Schmidt and the project designers Zimmerman Architectural Studios, Inc..
Many attendees participated by breaking ground through a symbolic ceremonial digging and dirt toss. Starbuck will see expansions and renovations as a part of RUSD’s Long-Range Facilities Masters Plan made possible by a referendum in 2020.
Changes at Starbuck will include:
- Safety and security updates
- Modernization of learning spaces to accommodate enrollment projections
- A building addition to support a 4-section, K-8 grade configuration
- Site improvements, including a new playground and vehicle circulation
- Infrastructure improvements and building maintenance
In addition, the school will see a transformation as Jefferson Lighthouse and West Ridge will
merge to become Starbuck K8 International Baccalaureate World School. They will serve students from kindergarten to grade eight.
Thank you to the Racine Unified School District and the Starbuck School staff and student band for hosting us at the event. The new additions and renovations will start this summer and be completed in the summer of 2024