Hunzinger Construction Company has been selected to serve as Construction Manager for the renovation and upgrade of the Miller Lite Oasis at Henry Maier Festival Park, A.K.A., the Summerfest grounds. The improvements will be completed for the 2017 Festival Season and the 50th Edition of Summerfest.
The organizers of Milwaukee’s Summerfest music festival are drawing on familiar faces for the festival grounds’ next big renovation project. Recently, the nonprofit organization Milwaukee World Festival Inc. announced that it plans to renovate the Miller Lite Oasis stage at Henry Maier Festival Park, which plays host to a number of events on the city’s lakefront.
Milwaukee-based Eppstein Uhen Architects is in charge of the project’s design and Hunzinger Construction Co. will oversee the construction work. Together our firms have a lengthy history of successfully working with Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.
The renovation project will include:
- Renovated stage area: The new stage will incorporate design elements reflective of the historic Miller Brewery and Miller Valley. The new design also will offer improvedsight lines by eliminating visual obstructions for a better viewing experience.
- Miller Lite Brew House: A new side stage bar will offer a new covered space for Summerfest patrons. The Brew House will have the capacity to feature exclusive beverage offerings and enhanced opportunities for front row access through MillerCoors promotions.
- Expanded hospitality deck: MillerCoors will significantly expand its Hospitality Deck to allow for increased promotional and experiential opportunities.
- New viewing deck and redesigned bar areas: A new elevated viewing deck will be built within the stage area development, featuring a first floor bar. In addition to the new long bar, every bar area in the new Miller Lite Oasis will be reinvented to provide patrons with better access and accommodation.
- Redesigned Marketplace and Summerfest Store: With support from TSMGI, the exclusive vendor of Summerfest merchandise, the marketplace will include a brand new Summerfest Store. The store will be a permanent air conditioned glass building and will feature a large storefront and displays for an improved shopping experience. Additionally, the entire marketplace area will be reconfigured with permanent and expanded infrastructure for merchandise vendors as well as use by PrideFest and all the ethnic festivals.
Click here for Fox6 coverage of the announcement.
Summerfest 2017 – the festival’s 50th edition – will take place June 28 – July 2 and July 4 – July 9 from noon until midnight and will be closed Monday, July 3. Following its 1968 debut, Summerfest has evolved into what is now recognized as “The World’s Largest Music Festival” and Milwaukee’s cornerstone summer celebration, hosting he music industry’s hottest stars, emerging talent and local favorites along with approximately 850,000 people from Milwaukee and around the world each year for an unforgettable live music experience. During the festival, the spotlight shines on over 800 acts, over 1,000 performances, 11 stages, delectable food and beverages and interactive activities, all in a world-class festival setting. Patrons can also enjoy Miller Lite, the Official Beer of Summerfest.