On Tuesday, November 28th, ENR (Engineering News Record) held their ENR Midwest Best Project Awards Breakfast in Chicago, and we are proud to announce that Komatsu’s South Harbor Campus won the Best Project Manufacturing Award.
A group from Hunzinger, GRAEF, EUA, and Komatsu led by President & CEO John Hunzinger attended the event. Senior Project Manager Jon Sheahan and Director of Field Operations Will Wright also attended from Hunzinger. Members of the GRAEF Team included President & CEO John Kissinger, Vice President Pat Kressin and Uriah Wolfe who led GRAEF’s effort on the project and is currently Office Leader of GRAEF’s Madison location. Uriah accepted the award on behalf of the team and spoke about the Komatsu project in front of 250 engineering and construction professionals from all over the Midwest.
Two panels of expert judges selected 29 winners in 18 categories: projects that represent outstanding quality of work, spurred innovative ideas, and overcame intriguing challenges. Of the 63 submittals, 15 earned Best Project designations and 14 received Awards of Merit.
This year’s ENR Midwest judges included:
• Angelo Arzano, Senior Principal, HOK, St. Louis
• Danielle Dy Buncio, Founder and CEO of VIATechnik
• Lynda Leigh, Development Manager, CedarSt Companies
• Marc Hanson, Sr. Director, Construction Operations, CRB Group
• Brandon Maurisak, Transit and Rail Project Manager, HNTB
• Steven Zimmerman, JTC Director, Associate Principal, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Congratulations to everyone involved in this incredible project!
BUILDING THE FUTURE TOGETHER
Interested in hearing more about our projects? Sign-up for our newsletter.