COUNTY STADIUMSports & Entertainment
County Stadium located at 201 South 46th Street in Milwaukee, WI, was a major league ballpark built by Hunzinger Construction Company. Primarily used as a baseball stadium for the Milwaukee Braves and Brewers, it was also used for football games, ice skating, religious services, concerts and other large events. Ground was broken in October of 1950 and it was ready for opening day, April 6, 1953. Originally designed with a seating capacity of 35,701, numerous additions and renovations took place bringing it to a capacity of 54,632 for baseball and 56,042 for football.
This stadium has since been demolished and is now the site of Helfaer Field, a premier youth baseball facility complete with a big-league scoreboard, sound system and lit playing field. Along the left field concourse, there is a marker to designate where the former Milwaukee County Stadium home plate was. The field cost $3.1 million to construct and seats up to 722 people. It retains the old foul poles from County Stadium. Helfaer Field was also built by Hunzinger Construction Company.
ADDITIONAL SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT PROJECTS INCLUDE:
BUILDING THE FUTURE TOGETHER
Interested in hearing more about our projects? Sign-up for our newsletter.