The Intern/Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager at Hunzinger works closely with Project Managers to ensure that the administrative and technical aspects of a project are executed as required by the contract documents. They coordinate project submittal control and checking, project document distribution and control, maintenance of Change Order Request Logs, and Request for Information Logs. They maintain historical set of drawings and specifications. They can also assist the Superintendent with field coordination and job site safety enforcement. They may assist the Project Manager with pricing, trade contractor bidding, writing commitments to subcontractors and cost reports. They also support our mission of complete project quality control and client satisfaction.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Monitor schedule with project team, input progress weekly and produce reports for planning as directed by Project Manager and Project Superintendent, update schedule weekly and distribute as appropriate. Prepare, coordinate and maintain the RFI, CO and Submittal Logs, update each weekly, or as needed, and have a thorough understanding of each. Always maintain high standards of professionalism and commit to Hunzinger’s mission of achieving excellence in the marketplace by understanding and exceeding customer expectations through integrity, honesty and ethical conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS: Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or closely related field and some field or previous project management experience is desirable.
- Should thrive in a team-oriented environment yet take responsibility for your work products.
- Must have a passion for pursing solutions to construction challenges and exhibit and positive attitude.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Commitment to learn all safety and OSHA regulations. Commitment to become LEED Accredited Professional.
- Must be detail oriented, technically sound and have the ability to multi-task with good communication skills.
Hunzinger has a policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity for employees and candidates for employment. We support and will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders in all of our employment policies, practices and decisions. Hunzinger will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, physical disability or marital or veteran status or sexual orientation. We do not discriminate against any employee or make any employment distinctions based on marital status, employment opportunities, wages, hours of work, employment benefits, employment conditions or maternity leave.
For questions, or to apply, please contact Tim Van Dyn Hoven at 262.780.9113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.